Thursday, January 3, 2013

My Journey

So here is my plan for 2013

For the first week of 2013 I plan on NOT eating any more cakes, cookies, or Christmas goodies.  Starting on January 7th, when I go back to work, I plan on starting the "17 Day Diet".  Hopefully by then we will have most of the comfort/junk food out of the house.

As far as exercise goes I am trying to start with some gentle exercise as to not kill myself.  This week I plan on starting my days with a 29 minute lite workout video and a mile walk around the subdivision.  Next week I will start adding karate classes back to my schedule.  The week after that I will start adding the 30 minute kettle bell workout video.  Then hopefully by the beginning of February I can start adding the P90X video series into my workout.  Sometime in there we are signing Jonathan up for a program at the gym.  I will probable go with him and walk on the treadmill while he is there as the gym is open 24 hours and does not always have a staff member on hand.

......so that is the plan.

10 comments:

  1. So it is now day 2 since I started. Who knew that the 29 minute lite workout could make my abs hurt so bad. I guess it has been a really long time since I have done any real exercise. I started using "My Fitness Pal" on my phone yesterday as well. It is a free app that lets you track your daily calories and exercise. It also has a social media aspect too, but I haven't figured out how to link with my friends yet. I have now worked of the whole gallon of sweet tea I drank at my mothers house last weekend. Now to start working on all of those Christmas cookies I ate at Grandma & Papa's house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was looking at the Made to Crave site for the participant's guide. Are you using the book or also the DVD series? I think I'll join you on this journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your Goals, Christi! I have a good feeling about 2013. Once I get through Month End at work, I will look forward to walking on Saturdays together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. December 31-January 4.....Well, during the first week I exercised atleast once a day and got twice a day in on most days. Unfortunely, I was over my calories everyday, but atleast I am getting in a better habit of logging my food. If you have never tried "My Fitness Pal" you might want to check it out. It is a free app on most smart phones. They also have a web site. If you are using it already you can link to my page. My user name is Clenz.

    ReplyDelete
  5. January 7-11....This week has been really hard. Whoever thought going back to work, starting to exercise, and dieting at the same time was a good idea is crazy. On Monday I got up and did my 29 minute workout before going to work and logged my food journal all day. Tuesday was the first day with kids at school. I logged my food and went back to karate for the first time in several months. Wednesday I ate like a pig, logged nothing, and could barely walk. Thursday I got myself back together, ate better, logged my food and did my 29 minute workout. TGIF is just a few hours away. Hopefully it will be a great day. I plan on going to karate tomorrow. We also finally finished all of the NON-DIET meals in the freezer. I told the boys to prepare themselves for 17 days of chicken coming up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Friday is a strange day to start the real diet plan.....now that all of the NON-DIET food is out of the fridge I have no more excusses. I plan on following the 17 Day Diet plan. The basics behind the plan include 2 servings yogurt, 2 servings of fruit, unlimited servings of cleansing veggies, and unlimited lean protien. No grains or starches allowed in the first 17 days. My boys affectionetly call this the chicken diet. SO my next post might just say cluck, cluck, cluck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, three days into the "Chicken Diet" as my boys call it and all is going pretty well. I uploaded a new cookbook on my kindle called "100 Ways to Cook Chicken". The boys laughed and said we thought you already knew 100 ways to cook chicken. Friday night we had chicken pizza (chicken with cheese and pizza sauce on it), Saturday we had drumsticks on the grill, Sunday night we had left over drumsticks and talapia. I have been logging my food and keeping close to the right calorie count. Friday night I got a GOOD workout at karate. Saturday and Sunday I walked in the subdivision and got in some extra walking by shopping two days in a row trying to find pants to fit my skinny 14 year old! He is too big for youth sizes but too skinny for adult sizes. So I bought him a belt! Hope everyone has a great Monday! Not sure what kind of chicken we are going to have yet, but I plan to go to karate and Gary can take Jacob to basketball.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So we are 21 days down since the first of the year and 11 days down on the 17 day diet(Chicken Diet). I Have officially lost 6 pounds and my pants are not as tight as they were 21 days ago. I have been to karate 6 times, but I do not think that is a direct correlation to my weight loss. I have only missed 4 days of exercise since I started on Jan. 2nd and I have only had one food cheat since I started the chicken phase of my plan! Also, I signed Jonathan and I up at the gym today so I should be able to start adding that exercise into my plan sometime this week. Best news of today is I passed another page off in karate, only three more pages before I get my blue belt! I wish I could have slowed time down this weekend, but I enjoyed the three days!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So we survived the first 17 days of the 17 day diet....on the next phase we get to alternate days of chicken and no carbs with days of lean red meat or pork and a complex carb like brwon rice, couscous, or potatos. I am down 7.5 pounds. One would think 17 days of no bread and it would be like down 20 pounds! We had chili tonight. It was so good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good news....I have lost 8 1/2 pounds. Bad news...I haven't exercised in almost a week. I have to get my bottom in gear. Jonathan starts working with his personnal trainner at the gym tomorrow so I will add the treadmill or bike to my schedule three days a week along with karate three days a week.

    ReplyDelete